What We Believe
Time is the most valuable resource you have, and you shouldn’t spend it worrying about your financial future. That’s where we come in. Combining evergreen methods of asset protection with innovative growth and diversification strategies, we will develop a custom plan to free up more of your time for the things you love. Together we can put you back in control of your time and on the path to Time Wealth.
All you have to do is say yes.
Our Independent Advantage
We are independent financial advisors who have the freedom to choose who we do business with. We are not employees of an investment or financial services firm; our only priority is what is best for you and your financial goals. No sales quotas, corporate interests, or outside influence. No shenanigans.
Our broker-dealer, Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., is committed to providing resources and support that help us serve our clients’ complex needs, including a vast menu of compliance-friendly programs, products, and services.
What We Do
Sound Planning Partners is a full-service independent financial firm offering:
Asset management + investment advice
We offer a wide variety of traditional and innovative investment products for our clients including:
– IRA, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, 529 and college savings plans, brokerage accounts, and many more
– Mutual funds, ETFs, stock and bond trading: an exceptional variety of alternative investments
– Customized, Advisor directed portfolios, third party mutual funds, SMA and UMA portfolios
Infinitely customizable and interchangeable services to suit the unique and ever-changing needs of the client or household.
– Custom tailored financial plans ranging from simple budgeting/cash flow/net worth statements to highly detailed estate and business transition planning
– Dynamic planning strategies that adapt to the changes in your life
– Just getting started? Affordable subscription services give access to a personal advisor who can help you navigate your financial journey, from its earliest stages.
Ready to design, develop, or grow your business? We’re here to assist on any leg of the journey, offering strategies and solutions from startup to expansion.
– Business planning
– Strategic operational planning and implementation
– Business startup planning. We back you up, from the ground up.
401(k) solutions + company benefits
We are your local business benefits and retirement plan authority. Retirement plans are an excellent way to help offset taxes, grow employee loyalty, and keep assets in your possession.
– Company retirement plan research and engagement, serving both you and your employees
– SEP IRA, Simple IRA, 401(k), Safe Harbor 401(k), Profit Sharing Plans, Cash Balance Plans and custom defined benefit pension plans
– Cutting edge and time-tested strategies through our independent relationship with our broker dealer
– White glove service and a commitment to success for your business
The insurance world is huge and can feel overwhelming. We help clients navigate the insurance marketplace with products such as:
– Life Insurance (Term, Whole Life, Guaranteed Issue, Indexed, Cash Value Building Life Insurance, Universal Life)
– Disability and long-term care
– Health, dental and vision
Sustainable + impact investing
Sound Planning Partners is your resource for socially responsible investment guidance in Nashville. We do the legwork to ensure your portfolio reflects your values.
– Sustainable and impact investment research and guidance with the dual purpose of financial growth and responsible social, environmental, or governance influence
– Expertise aligning your investments with your values
– Holistic strategies to further increase the imprint of your personal impact
About Erik Lindsey
Founder – Time Wealth Planner
Erik Lindsey’s entrepreneurial spirit and deep understanding of financial practice make him a valuable partner for individuals and businesses alike. His diverse background includes founding a business at age eighteen, managing the regional division of a multi-million-dollar company and overseeing more than one hundred and twenty employees, and most recently building his own successful financial practice, Sound Planning Partners, from the ground up.
Erik’s financial acumen and passion for client success are complimented by an adventurous heart. He’s had an opportunity to connect with the global community, exploring locales such as Myanmar, Peru, France, and Belize. A committed athlete and one-time Brazilian Jui Jitsu competitor, Erik has spent time in all corners of the United States.
This experience with diverse cultures and communities creates a unique understanding of our connection with and responsibility to other people and places. Erik is passionate about helping clients align their investment objectives with their values. His knowledge of sustainable and impact investing is a powerful tool in allowing clients to vote with their dollars for a world that they want to live in and ensuring that their investment portfolios speak the same language as their hearts.
- Needlink Nashville – Board of Directors
- VICC Ambassador Executive Committee
- Friends of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt – Executive committee – YP Friends Co-chair
- LLS Man and Woman of the Year candidate 2017
Licenses and Certifications
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 Licensed Advisor
About Katie Murphy
Katie’s unique ability to communicate complex financial concepts in understandable, relatable terms makes her a valuable asset as she aids clients in turning financial dreams into reality. Her comprehensive fee-based planning services focus on developing proactive habits and perseverance, equipping her clients with the tools necessary to see their goals through.
After growing a thriving fee-based planning practice in Cincinnati, Ohio, as part of two large insurance agencies, Katie’s passion for client success led her to Sound Planning Partners in 2017. She saw the opportunity to make her clients the first and only priority by partnering with an independent financial firm, ensuring the strongest footing as she guides clients through the ever-changing ecosystem of financial planning.
Katie’s background in diverse financial settings allows her to fulfill her dedication to mentoring women to become self-sufficient, balanced and resilient in their careers and relationships. She enjoys coaching and playing volleyball, practicing yoga and spending time outdoors. A native Ohioan, Katie is a 2010 graduate of Miami University’s Farmer School of Business. She currently lives in Nashville with her adopted lab-mix, Beau.
- Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce
- Network Under 40 Ambassador
Licenses and Certifications
- FINRA Series 6, 63, and 65 Licensed Advisor
- Life, Health, and Variable Insurance Lines: AL, GA, ME, OH, TN
Ready to get started?
Contact us today for your personalized Time Wealth report
Connect with Us
Securities offered through Registered Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a broker-dealer, member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory Services offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Cambridge and Sound Planning Partners LLC are not affiliated.
This communication is strictly intended for individuals in AL, IL, KS, NY, OH, OR, TN, VA, and WV. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific states referenced.